Rheumatology deals with diagnostics and non-operative treatment of locomotor system diseases and injuries involving pain and functional disorders. Rheumatic diseases comprise a spectrum of chronic inflammatory, degenerative or autoimmunological diseases, which normally require long-term support. With anti-inflammatory drugs and physical medicine, our rheumatologists can help many patients.
Rheumatology is available at:
- Inflammatory rheumatic diseases (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, Bekhterev's disease)
- Degenerative joint diseases, primary or as a result of an accident (e.g. arthroses)
- Spinal diseases or functional disorders or as a result of an accident
- Soft tissue diseases (muscles, tendons, ligaments, connective tissue)
- Bone and metabolic diseases (e.g. osteoporosis, gout)
- Persisting pain or functional disorders after surgical operations